Our professional construction management services effectively oversee all aspects of a project’s schedule, cost, quality, safety, scope, and function. Our construction managers are committed to two things:
Successful Project Completion
Our construction managers work with all parties involved to deliver the project on time, at or under budget, and to the owner’s expected standard of quality, scope, and function. They expertly provide oversight of the project while ensuring the owner’s best interests are always the guiding principle.
“Construction management is like being the leader of the sandbox, the toys are just bigger” – Bill Bryant, Senior Project Manager
Our seasoned construction managers education and experience allows them to work seamlessly with the owner, architect, general contractor, and other stakeholders to:
- Assist in Pre-Planning and Scope of Work –To maximize success, we prefer to get out in front of the project. Helping to create the scope of work allows us to uncover potential obstacles from the get-go and integrate their solutions into the project budget and timeline.
As seasoned industry professionals, we know what is happening with the supply chain, including pricing and availability of materials, and can advise on material selection and procurement to fit the goals, budget, and project timeframe. We can also advise the architects and designers on comparable products that have a lower cost and lead time that meet the aesthetic objectives of the project. For more information on our Design + Planning services, click here.
- Establish the Best Possible Sequence of Construction Operations – Once we have a clear understanding of the project objectives, our long-standing relationships with county officials, subcontractors, and inspectors, paired with over 60 years of combined industry experience serve as the foundation on which we build our sequence of operations.
We take a holistic approach when assessing and integrating all of the project’s parameters including:
- Material and Equipment Procurement and Oversight
- Labor and Subcontractor Selection and Management
- Regulations, Codes, Permitting and Inspections
- Establishment and Implementation of Performance Standards
- Budgeting and Resource Allocation
- Project Flow and Time Management
- Develop a Detailed Schedule and Budget – A clearly defined and planned project schedule is key to the success of a project. Our Project Managers clearly define the project flow and milestones of the project by identifying the tasks of work, the proper order of their appearance on the job, correct duration of work, complete resources allocation to tasks, and clear purchasing and delivery dates.
We always have our fingers on the construction industry pulse and stay in tune with what is going on in the world in order to plan for changes such as lumber cost increases as a result of fires, truckers on strike, material shortages because of other national or global projects, labor shortages because of natural disasters, etc.
Our standard operating procedures are meticulously crafted and further detailed during the pre-construction meeting with the ownership team. In order to finalize the schedule and budget, our leadership team will discuss their expectations, talk about our process, schedule, and any property specific requirements.
Once the project commences, our standard operating policy is to be consistently two weeks ahead in planning and resource allocation. We always are forecasting and operating ahead of the game, constantly adjusting all the moving parts ensuring that we stay on schedule and budget.
- Expect the Unexpected– Even with the most thorough planning we know to always expect the unexpected. We work in the real world and opportunities come up at any given moment. We have the expertise to be able to react to changing climate conditions whether they are social, economic, political or environmental. We are seasoned enough to overcome the unexpected. We always have a backup plan and can navigate the waters as a group.
- Utilize Industry-Leading Project Management Software – Our software programs for project management, tracking, and communication are used by all field personnel to ensure clear and consistent communication. While most companies do not give their entire team access to the project tracking software, we have found that it is necessary in order to uphold the standards of communication we require of our team. Furthermore, to provide transparency and peace of mind, we are proud to offer real-time access to project tracking to the project owners and stakeholders.
- Set Up Plans for Project Safety, Security, and Risk Management – Creating a Personal Protective Equipment Program outlining potential hazards on the job site and going over what PPE is required, and how to wear it, inspect it, and maintain it is a crucial part of our construction management process. Our project managers conduct a thorough hazard risk assessment and complete a risk matrix that guides the selection of the most effective hazard controls. At Global Construction, employee and client safety is our top priority. Our Project Managers are all COVID-19 Safety and Awareness Certified through 360 Training and we are constantly updating our risk matrix and policies to ensure we are doing everything we can to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. To learn more about our increased project safety plan for COVID-19, click here
At Global Construction, our CEO, Project Managers, and Superintendents are all experts in specific aspects of construction. We have Master Plumbers, Foundation and Concrete Specialists, Lead and Mold Remediation Technicians, and Interior Finish Professionals, who all play an integral part in the construction management process.
Denis Koval, Owner + CEO – With a foundation in Geotech and soil mechanics, Denis has been working in the construction industry for over 18 years. Concrete, dirt, and structural components are his specialty and he has built some of the most complicated projects both nationally and abroad. With a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, paired with extensive on-site and consulting experience, he took the logical next step and founded Global Construction with his father, Yuriy.
Yuriy Kaykov, Master Plumber – Yuriy has been a Master Plumber for nearly two decades. Starting out as an apprentice in 1995, he achieved his master plumbers license in just nine short years and has been working every day ever since. He is an expert craftsman, with a wealth of knowledge and experience the younger generations can only aspire to.
Erik Good, Senior Project Manager – Born and raised in Colorado, Erik’s grandfather was a General Contractor and he has been around construction all his life. Starting his professional career in a stone yard in 1987, masonry, flooring, countertops, cabinets, slabs, and interior finishes are his specialty and he has built some of the most opulent and intricate homes for affluent individuals around the country.
Bill Bryant, Senior Project Manager – Another Colorado native, Bill started out in trade school and moved up fast. Over the past 20 years, Bill has built hundreds of structures along the front range including a 300-unit apartment complex in Lakewood and The Home Depot in Boulder. He has spent the last 12 years specifically working in the multi-family industry repositioning numerous properties, value adds, and CapEx projects across the country.
Having a General Contractor who has completed the same type of projects over and over again in repetition is invaluable. By having repetitions under our belt, our team is more qualified, efficient, and polished in our work. Our leadership constantly collaborates, bringing their uniquely specialized and equally expert perspectives together to see the project from conception to completion. We have a keen understanding of who can do what and have created a dynamic and flow within our team. We thrive by understanding that when you treat the project and the team holistically you get a better quality result, an ability that separates the experienced managers from the rookies.
Due to the extensive knowledge in our leadership team, we also have the ability to evaluate and train on-site. We can push our crews to the optimal level that they can maintain. We can challenge them to grow and we can make changes as necessary and adjust as a group. We encourage empathy and understanding and are able to be the rock when the team is stressed out.
We are not just blindly working our jobs in a bubble, we overcome concerns and manage expectations. We listen, convince, and lead by example. We are able to follow a consistent, tried and true process in order to keep communication clear and keep everyone on the same page.
Availability, Reliability, and Productivity
Unlike many General Contractors, we have a skilled labor crew in-house. This has many advantages, ultimately saving our clients time and money plus providing a higher quality of the work at the same time. From demolition to plumbing, to drywall, to flooring, our direct employees are held to a higher standard than most contracted workers and operate with the care, attention to detail and quality workmanship Global Construction is known for. They are able to lead all the teams on site, holding them to the same expectations while working alongside them.
When unforeseen circumstances arise, we are able to address things immediately, without having to rely on outside parties. By having skilled laborers on staff, we can shift resources in order to maximize the productivity of our crews in real-time, ensuring that deadlines are met and productivity is maximized.
We’re not just trading bids and jacking up the price like the less experienced General Contractors. As a seasoned and sophisticated company, we are going to save you money at the end of the day because we do this for a living. Our clients are paying for our expertise, our relationships, our leadership, our standards of quality and service, and our in-house team.